Since 2011, 916 Ink has led the effort to promote youth literacy in Sacramento by empowering youth voice. We have published over 50 books, serving over 1700 young authors in the Sacramento region.
- Published over 1700 youth writers in over 50 professional books
- Received over 8000 hours of in-kind time by our team of amazing volunteers
- 92% of 916 Ink youth agree that they are writers after our workshops.
- Awarded the Inspire Giving Grant from the Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce in 2015
- Won the "Arts Make it Happen" Endowment from the Sacramento Region Community Foundation
- Opened the whimsical 916 Ink Imaginarium in the closed down Maple Elementary School
- Improved writing and reading proficiencies at every grade level
- Won the People's Choice Award and Coaches Award at Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch Program
- Provided over 1000+ hours of free writing instruction to underserved youth, ages 4-18 to improve academic confidence
- Made 3 short films written by kids about ostriches, fruit wars, and the urgency of growing up
- Invented the "What Happens Next" machine
- Co-founded the Walk 4 Literacy Coalition